Pelvic health physiotherapy can help with a variety of pelvic health symptoms including:
– Stress urinary incontinence- leakage of urine with an increase in abdominal pressure, such as a cough or sneeze
– Urge incontinence- leakage of urine associated with a strong urge to urinate
– Fecal incontinence, urge incontinence
– Urinary urgency, retention, hesitation
– Urinary frequency
– Prenatal Care and Birth Preparation
– Postpartum care
– Diastasis Recti
– Painful Intercourse (Dyspareunia)
– Voiding dysfunction (hesitation, restricted flow, a sensation of incomplete emptying of the bladder)
– Pelvic organ prolapse
– Symptoms after radical prostatectomy
– Constipation or pain with bowel movements
– Unexplained pain in the low back, hips or pelvic region
– Interstitial cystitis
– Pelvic girdle pain
– Tailbone pain
– Pelvic floor dysfunction
– Pelvic pain
– Postpartum pelvic dysfunctions
– Groin pain
– Hip Pain
Pelvic physiotherapy at Valeo Physiotherapy in Milton will begin with a detailed history and setting up an individualized plan based on your specific goals.Your personalized plan may include; completing a bladder diary, bladder retraining, making lifestyle adjustments, toileting education, relaxation exercises, stretches, and pelvic floor muscle retraining (kegels and/or reverse kegels).
Kegels are NOT recommended for all pelvic floor problems! Sometimes they do more harm than good, and often they are not performed correctly.
If you are interested in learning more about how Pelvic Physiotherapy can help with your health concerns, you can easily Book an Appointment.
No, Pelvic Floor Therapy is not covered by OHIP. However, some extended health benefit plans may provide coverage for physiotherapy services. It is important to check with your insurance provider to determine if your plan covers this type of treatment.
Valeo Physiotherapy offers a wide range of evidence-based treatment plans to help improve your quality of life. We offer registered massage therapy, physical therapists, sports physiotherapy, cupping therapy, IMS therapy/dry needling, pelvic health physiotherapist, concussion care, chiropractic care, dietitian services, reiki, pilates and even shockwave therapy.