COVID-19 Clinic Policies and Procedures
Valeo Wellness takes your health very seriously.
We follow the guidelines and procedural regulations from our government and our Colleges extremely seriously and are going above and beyond to implement every precautionary measure possible to ensure our clinic is a clean and healthy environment.
We acknowledge that some of our patients have weakened a compromised health and immune systems and direct our measures at minimizing any potential risk of complications to their health.
We greatly appreciate everyone’s participation and respect for the measures we have implemented as a result.
What you can expect from Valeo Wellness:
- Our practitioners will be wearing masks at all times
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask while in the clinic
- If you have a mask of your own, please bring it to your appointment
- We have staggered our appointment times to minimize patient cross over within the clinic
- We are blocking off time between patients in order to thoroughly disinfect all contact surfaces
- We have decreased the number patients treated in the day in order to minimize the risk of crossover and to allow our team time to adjust to the new structure and additional measures needed to be taken and documented within patient files
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned throughout the clinic, multiple times daily.
- We have upgraded all our cleaning products to ensure compliance with Health Canada guidelines for COVID-19 management
- Two hours before your appointment you will receive a health survey pertaining to COVID-19 symptoms. This survey must be completed before each appointment(government regulations) to ensure that patients are is good health status to enter the clinic
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands upon arriving at the clinic and again upon leaving the clinic
- Every practitioner at Valeo performs a daily self-health check, and only reports to the clinic if they are 100% symptom-free
What you can help us with:
- If you or someone you live with has been experiencing any symptoms of illness, we ask that you inform us, before coming to the clinic
- If you are unsure, please consult the Ontario COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- As our washroom will need to be thoroughly cleaned after each and every use, we are limiting its use to emergencies only. Please use the toileting facilities at your home prior to your appointment.
- To continue following social distancing recommendations, we ask that you arrive for your appointment alone. Caregivers will be permitted into the clinic with patients only when necessary.
- Please wait in your car or outside the clinic until your scheduled appointment time
- Please use our Virtual Check-In to your appointment via valeo.Janeapp.com/checkin when arriving at the clinic
- Your therapist will be notified immediately of your arrival and will greet you into the clinic once they are ready
- You can also ring the doorbell if you do not have a smartphone
- Please bring only the personal belongings you will need for your appointment
Despite these health and safety measures, we are happy to be back in the clinic, doing what we love most, helping our patients. We understand these are drastic changes, but also appreciate that they are necessary changes and will eventually become a ‘new normal”.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation with these essential new policies. We are excited to move forward together.
We continue to monitor for updates from our Ministry of Health, Public Health and Regulatory Colleges and are making policy changes accordingly. Updates will be found on this page, regularly.