Pelvic physiotherapy can help with a variety of symptoms including:
– Stress urinary incontinence- leakage of urine with an increase in abdominal pressure, such as a cough or sneeze
– Urge incontinence- leakage of urine associated with a strong urge to urinate
– Urinary urgency
– Urinary frequency
– Voiding dysfunction (hesitation, restricted flow, a sensation of incomplete emptying of the bladder)
– Pelvic organ prolapse
– Symptoms after radical prostatectomy
– Constipation or pain with bowel movements
– Unexplained pain in the low back, hips or pelvic region
– Pain during or after intercourse or sexual stimulation
Pelvic physiotherapy at Valeo Wellness Clinic will begin with a detailed history and setting up an individualized plan based on your specific goals.Your personalized plan may include; completing a bladder diary, bladder retraining, making lifestyle adjustments, toileting education, relaxation exercises, stretches, and pelvic floor muscle retraining (kegels and/or reverse kegels).
Kegels are NOT always recommended for pelvic floor problems! Sometimes they do more harm than good, and often they are not performed correctly.
If you would like to know more before booking an appointment, please contact our therapist today!